Saturday, January 12, 2008

Steroids are wrong?

I personally don't completely understand the backlash against people who used steroids in baseball. Case in point: Mark McGwire. He, Sammy Sosa, and Cal Ripken are the people who are generally credited with "saving" baseball after many fans stopped coming to games because of the strike. And now people feel betrayed and won't vote him into the hall of fame? Anyone making money from baseball shouldn't take this stance.

The main reason for this is this: I think everyone I know would take steroids for millions of dollars. Yes, it's wrong. Yes, there are plenty of health risks. But I would harm my own body for millions of dollars, and most people would too. And how wrong can you feel when you could probably shoot up right in front of the owner/manager/any member of the staff and they wouldn't say anything other than: "Do you HAVE to do that in front of me?"

So now people are looking down on other people who did something that most people would do given the same situation. Doesn't seem right to me. Unless you're the rare, rare person who will do whatever they think is right under every circumstance. If so, please introduce yourself to me, because I want to meet such a person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home